The Oceania Triathlon Council is seeking a volunteer to lead the engagement and administration of the World Triathlon Mentoring Programme within the region.
The World Triathlon Mentoring Programme has been developed by the World Triathlon National Federation Services & Development Department and the World Triathlon Women’s Committee, supported and approved by the World Triathlon Executive Board.
The World Triathlon Mentoring Programme has been designed to
• Increase and sustain the number of women and people with disability in leadership roles in coaching, technical officiating, and governance in triathlon.
• Develop the skills of male and female coaches, technical officials, and administrators/leaders with real potential to make a significant difference to triathlon in their own federations and continent.
• Create a sustainable mentoring programme that will have a significant impact on the sport of triathlon.
The programme operates across the 5 Continental Confederations, preparing a group of trained volunteer mentors to support individuals who have shown real potential to be the sport’s next generation of leaders. The programme is purposefully designed to increase underrepresented groups in triathlon, namely women, people with a disability and those from developing national federations (NF groups 1, 2 and 3).
Role of the Continental Mentor Lead (CML)
- Attend the World Triathlon training for mentors
- Liaise regularly with the World Triathlon, Continental Confederations and National Federations and contribute to the identification of potential mentors and mentees
- Coordinate the applications and Continental Selection Panel and, in conjunction with the World Triathlon, identify appropriate mentors and mentees
- Facilitate the matching of mentors to mentees in line with World Triathlon guidance
- Manage mentoring programmes by supporting mentors and mentees
- Ensure mentors and mentees complete the required monitoring and evaluation processes
- Manage challenges between mentors and mentees and assist in finding resolutions
- Liaise with the Mentoring Programme Managers and assist with the overall monitoring of the programme
- Support the administration of the Education Hub
- Contribute to webinars and other community of practice activities
The successful candidate would have excellent communication skills, a willingness to support people going through the program and to undertake the learning activities in the program. There is a monthly Zoom meeting for approximately 1 hour and a few hours per month managing mentors and mentee reporting.
Federations are encouraged to nominate individuals for consideration by the Oceania Triathlon Council by 15 January 2021 including a brief bio.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Council on email@example.com
The Oceania Triathlon Council is seeking a volunteer to lead the engagement and administration of the World Triathlon Mentoring Programme within the region. The World Triathlon Mentoring Programme has been developed by the World…17 Dec, 2020